On September 23rd, KABC’s director Margaret Farley provided testimony to the KanCare Oversight Committee. This addresses many critical points including:
- Nurse aide training across all settings in long term care is consistent and reflects the needs of vulnerable residents
- Better training, benefits and career paths for those who choose a profession in nursing
- A minimum of 4.13 hours of care per resident per day
- State-only licensed facilities abide by stronger federal regulations and surveys which protect the health, safety, rights, and welfare of residents
- Support next session for HB 2004 restoring equality of appeal rights of residents in nursing facilities and assisted living type facilities
- Adequate resources for all state inspections of care homes, especially to address the present 24-month survey interval for assisted living type facilities which puts residents at risk
Read KABC Testimony for KanCare Oversight 9.23.21 here.